Monday 11 January 2010

Quick Update

Hi all,

Last week may have been quiet on the blogging front but it was definitely busy behind the scenes.  Last week was a week of planning and preparation and when I plan I always think of one of my favorite quotations from Abraham Lincoln when he said "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."

This helps me because half of me wants to just crack on with it and be an immediate success and the other half of me knows that it would be foolish to build a house (or business) on sand.

Some of you will recognise exactly what I am saying, some of you would have headed full on into action and pursue immediate results at any costs and some of you would have planned every detail and had started making some money before you gave up your day job - so what ever style is naturally yours I trust my story will help you decide where to plan and where not not to.

First I watched the video clip of The Last Lecture from Randy Pausch - what an inspirational man -and i thought of all mys childhood dreams.  Now if you did not have a great childhood as he suggested this is not the area to dwell on that - check out Sandy Newbiggins http://www.sandynewbigging.com/ who once said to me 'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' and this is so true.  So the childhood conversation can be had another day, with me or ro Sandy whatever suits you best.

Then I thought of all of the other things I wanted to do, all of the things I wanted to be and all of the things I wanted to have.  I wrote my list in colour, many many colours, as my future is bright and colourful, it has many turns and many shapes, it is not black and white, it is not a list it is full and rounded.

So create a full big list, put on some fun think music and enjoy :-)

I then prioritised the items on my coloured page into A's, B's and C's.  I took the A's and picked THE MOST IMPORTANT one, and this I have scheduled into my diary.

I doubled checked my plan thus far by reviewing Jim Rohn's One Year Success Plan and I refined my plan to reflect me and my dreams.  You find out about Jim's programme at http://www.jimrohn.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1306

Today I am working my plan and having a ball.  :-) Please write you own plan and if you have any questions about how to do this please drop me an email on karen@questforsuccess.co.uk (as I've not fully optimized, branded etc this page yet).

Watch this space for what happens next.

Kind regards and here is to our success.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment